We’ve pulled together Cochrane’s latest podcasts in acute and emergency care as a quick access summary. These podcasts are based on recent Cochrane reviews published by Cochrane Review Groups in the Acute and Emergency Care Network.
To hear more Cochrane podcasts, visit the full Cochrane archive.
- How accurate is chest ultrasonography compared to supine chest radiography for diagnosis of traumatic pneumothorax in the emergency department?
- Which medicines work best to prevent people from being sick (vomiting) after an operation?
- Oral non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs compared with other oral pain killers for sprains, strains and bruises
- Do blood thinners prevent people who are hospitalised with COVID-19 from developing blood clots?
- Colloids or crystalloids for fluid replacement in critically ill people
- Interventions for treating wrist fractures (broken wrists) in children
- Bedside examination tests to detect beforehand adults who are likely to be difficult to intubate
- Influenza vaccine for preventing acute otitis media (middle ear infection)
- Aromatherapy for treating postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Strategies to help doctors change the way they prescribe antibiotics for patients with acute respiratory infections
- Antibiotics for acute bronchitis